Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Oh look, I'm finally updating!

Well how exciting is this?!  That's right, I'm going to do a blog post after I told you 2 months ago that I was going to do that...well now it's happening. I'll admit that after I lost those retouched images of Kyle I was fairly devastated and lost a lot of motivation.  Well my computer is fixed and in working order, and I got a new laptop  (my old faithful fell apart like someone had found it's horcruxes and was killing them off one by one).

So what has been happening?  Well a lot. Graduation, a wedding, church centennial celebration,a portfolio shoot, and a fun tare sheet shoot for a local theater company.  Also this could be one of the last posts i do on this blog...sad i know, i can here the screams of NO, and don't go (as I run from the flash bulbs into my awaiting escalade and escape into the steamy New York streets).  Have no fear! I will be coming back with a new blog, but one done through Wordpress with a new name and one that will include a lot more then just my photo work.  I tried doing this idea with Tumblr...but i failed miserably at it cause all i do is reblog stuff and get lazy and don't post my own stuff that's good.  When that all gets up and running i will post it on here.  You can still come here for recent work, but the new blog will be much better. 

Ok so on to the visual onslaught of imagery.  First up I'm going to post some of the images from the shoot with Kyle.
Out of all the work i have done, this image is one of my favorites.  It came out better then what I had even imaged when i conceptualized it, and that mad me super excited.  It was also one of the images i lost when the computer crashed, and was the main source of my devastation. In the end it reworked 99.9% back to how i originally had it.


A few other panels from the stuff i liked.  There is a lot more i just need to finish the retouching. 

Next up is the group shot from the Centennial Celebration at the Sacred Heart Catholic Church here is Susanville.  It was a great 2 day event, and everyone was so nice and interested/interesting.  I felt the love, and i was honored to be part of such a special event. 


And then I had my first wedding of the season (I'm not a big wedding shooter so this is wedding 1 or 2 for this year haha)  It was a beautiful wedding, full of great people.  It took place at a home at Lake Almanor, very DIY, and just amazing.  Beautiful light the whole time, amazing weather, awesome food, and the best desert table i have EVER seen.  Mallory and I had a great time capturing the event

  
 



And as i posted that last bit i realized i have this all out of order....Oh well what matters most is that it all happened right.
Next up Mallory graduated from Chico!!!! woooo
aww look at that happy face.

And as a graduation gift we went to see the StarKid concert in San Fran with Cassie.

 
 
 
  
 


The next wedding i have coming up will be September 22nd.  Mitch, Shaylee, and I went out and did an engagement session about a month...or 2 ago.  


Last night i photographed some great autograph sheets for a theater group that will be putting on a free performance this weekend and next here in Susanville.  Can you guess what they will be performing?  Here are just a few of the characters. 



AVPM anyone hahaha.

Also i got this awesome shot of Suzanne being a crazy Bellatrix that i love.

And finally my latest project.  Last December Tawni's mother Carol (Mallory's older sister and mom) bought her a photo package to set up a model portfolio type thing.  It's something she has wanted to do for a while, and it was a great time.  Lots of great images and here are just a few.



 

And one last thing before i go. I'm not sure if i ever uploaded this photo of Shelbie onto my blog.














No comments: