Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

Tomorrow is the big day of thanks and my mom has gotten some sort of awful cold.  So, it looks like i will be doing a lot of cooking tomorrow which is fine with me.

November on the whole has been a VERY good month however.  I've gotten my business out there, and i have a feeling i am going to be getting an influx of clients here soon and i can not wait!

Two Major Highlights:
Mallory turned 21! so now we can all go out when we get together, and that is exciting lol.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 came out and was EPIC! 

So besides getting more involved in the community i have made a few trips to Chico (for the birthday and HP) and met some awesome people.  Tim, Shannon, and Mercedes. Tim saved us on Mallory's 21st from freezing, but he wont admit it. 

Tomorrow i will most likely be going to HP with Madison! can't wait, and Friday Maddy, Matt and I are going to Chico to see Mal who is working the death shift on black friday.

On lists of things to do in my life I have been thinking a lot about volunteering time and my photo service.  I have been thinking about causes that are important to me.  On the top of that list is Cancer.  I want to get involved in the American Cancer Society somehow, and i also have a personal photo project i would like to start that has to do with cancer.
I have also been listening a lot to the news and the focus on bullying.  I would like to get involved in that, and the push to have a zero tolerance.  School shouldn't be a place someone is terrified to go to, it needs to be a safe, healthy place where people can express who they are without being ridiculed for it.

Anyways i am thankful for a lot this year
Graduating College
Having amazing friends and family
my health
the support from those around me
meeting new, amazing people
my amazing clients
my business
the health of my family and friends. (My grandpa passed last month, so the perspective on family shifted for me) 

I have also been getting a lot of inspiration lately.  The new American Eagle Winter campaign looks awesome and i have Brent Lindsey lined up to model for me soon. 
August Bradley's shoots he did for ProPhoto is amazing. 

Glee has oddly inspired a bunch of photo ideas.  And having Darren Criss on the show has now made it way cooler lol.


In general there are a lot of people around me who are inspiring me lately as well. Also my Brooks buddies. Kate, Cara, Willie, Colleen, and Stephanie have been putting out some AMAZING stuff so check it out!. 

1 comment:

Vixen said...

This was a very kind-hearted posting, Justin.

I am glad to have met you and honored to be included as something that increases positive value in someone's life.


May your life be as fulfilling and harmonious as can be, given the circumstances.


With support and affection,

Mercedes